I cam across a video by The Health Ranger on YouTube in which he inerviews Dr. Russell Blaylock a Neurosurgoun and the formost authority on excitotoxins in the brain. Here is the video:
Two books are referenced in the video they are:
In Bad Taste: The MSG Syndrome by Dr. George Schwartz
and Dr. Blaylock’s first book Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills
A couple highlights from the video:
- MSG first appeared in foods in 1945 and the amount in food has doubled every decade thereafter.
- Of all of the animals on earth, humans are the most susceptible to MSG toxicity.
- MSG toxicity (MSG Syndrome) symptoms include: flushing of the face, heart palpitations, GI discomfort and diarrhea, damage to the brain over time that could lead to Alzheimer and Parkinson.
- MSG can also be labeled as “Yeast Extract” on food labels.
- Certain foods have naturally occurring MSG. This MSG is bonded, though, to a protein which takes time to break down and allow your body to process the MSG.
- If you are active, MSG you eat can go to your muscles, if you are sedentary it will go to your brain.
- Magnesium Pyruvate, Vitamin E and Vitamin C can protect the body from MSG toxicity.
Dr. Russell Blaylock’s website is:
A side note: the worlds primary producer of MSG is the Ajinomoto Company